- Graeme Fulton
- Lostgrad Ltd
- Project date
- May 2014
- Android, Java, Mobile
A native Android application for searching jobs.
At the time, I had just finished a course in Android development, so thought I'd put what I have learned into practice. Having previously made a website called Lostgrad which aggregates courses and jobs, this app is presents job data from that website, but for android.
The app is available on Google Play, and has also been featured
The search screen
After the initial splash screen you are presented with a search page, which gives you the option to specify three search parameters:
- Profession (e.g. Accounting/Engineering/Computing)
- Job Type (3 Options: All, Graduate Scheme or Entry Level)
- Region (e.g. North/South/East)
On this screen you simply use the dropdown to choose an option, and then press the 'Search' button:
Search Results (List View)
- The results to your search are presented in a List View, with key details about each job visible on each list item.
- Additionally, the page number is included at the top left, and also your current search options - just so you know what you're viewing.
- There are also two buttons at the top which take you back to the search page. If you press the refine button, the search page is prepopulated with your original selections, otherwise they are all set to default 'All'.
- There is also a 'Next page' button at the bottom of the List View (not visible in the screenshot)
- Upon clicking a job (list item), you are presented with a summary view, showing the more job details: